5.4.12

Day #351 Happy birthday to you, Bubu :)

Sebaik-baik berencana, manusia memang hanya bisa berusaha. Sisanya, Tuhan yang menentukan.

As much as I wanted your birthday to be the most romantic, guess I wanted it to be 'handmade' as well. Never did I think of ordering a birthday cake, I wanted to make my own cake. Thought of some presents like the most complete swiss army knife or the theft-free backpack people are talking about nowadays, in the end I decided to give you a hundred of vouchers in the form of Post It and you can redeem them at anytime for a year ahead.

So yes, I planned to make a coffee cupcakes. Simply because you love coffee and you eat everything I cook. Since I have all the ingredients before hand, then I only bought some cute candy ornaments. Hope they (big hopes of course) will sweeten the cake even more.

Soon as I got home, I got help from two little angels to bake the cake. And voila, the cake turned awful. How strange it was, Malicca just loved it. (Hmmm, okay... he might be just pretending to love it). I was speechless. I had no plan B for the cake. Then I laugh at myself, hard, I felt funny about it.

Not long after that, you called me. Said that you wouldn't be there for your birthday because you needed to work over time. But I did not know why I felt relieve. Not as in happy, but as an acceptance that there are things I cannot control. Then Malicca reminded me to make a birthday card, and we did.

This is your first birthday with me. I thought it has to be extraordinary. A celebration. But... we can only plan, God rules. Still.

All in all, we wish you a very happy birthday Bubu! May you live healthier and happier, and may we have just the right amount of time to hand in hand cruising the grim world together.

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment